Harness Your Natural Ability Through Martial Arts
There are a number of instances where most people have tried to learn a basic premise but failed to comprehend key facts. We see in this in Martial Arts all the time. Many instructors face certain challenges teaching and could have students who are confused or even overwhelmed by basic tenets of the subject in question. This inability is nothing but a learning style clash. This happens when your instructor’s and your personal learning style’s are different. If this happens, it could get extremely frustrating. Learning fails and the communication process breaks down. You can avoid this if you know your personal learning style. Hence, a good learning environment will also be created.
Developing learning skills
Identify your personal learning preferences. Read in full the learning preference expectations and select one which best suits your temperament. Identify which method you like the best and one you like least. From the method you like the best, use the following information:
- Sensory learners: This is preferred if you have an overt reliance towards sensing and tend to prefer the familiar. This is when you do not like to adopt in case of new situations. Innovation, in this case, is not your forte.
- Intuitive learners: Relying excessively on intuition means you risk missing out on the important details. This will result in poor problem solving and decision making. You must forcefully memorize data or learn facts.
- Visual learners: This is if you like to focus on physical, graphical or pictorial information rather than on words.
- Verbal learners: Information is provided through flow charts, diagrams, and sketches. It is made to comprehend quickly. Development of skills in this particular area means a considerable reduction of learning time and absorption of information.
- Active learners: You must think prior to undertaking any kind of activity. There is a need to focus on summarizing the solutions. Time is needed to comprehend information already given. Understanding of the concept must be achieved prior to discussing the same with others.
- Reflective learners: You can do nothing if you think excessively. Decisions must be made by the time the action has to be taken. Involve in making decisions within a group. Apply information as much as practically as possible.
Our team of instructors have been teaching to a wide variety of learners and strive to provide the most educational and practical uses of Martial Arts. Whether you are interested in your kids doing karate or you would like to get started, come visit us to find out what type of learner you are and harness your natural ability through martial arts!
The post Harness Your Natural Ability Through Martial Arts appeared first on Rev Marketing 2 U.
Marty Callahan has spent his life understanding and improving the lives of students both young and old. His passion led to the founding of Shotokan Karate Leadership School in Santa Rosa, CA in 1981 with a dream to awaken the extraordinary leader in his students. Having inspired, taught, coached, supported, and trained over 15,000 students in 40,000 classes in Santa Rosa, Marty has become Sonoma County’s preeminent martial arts leadership instructor. His students, hundreds of whom have gone on to become leaders in their chosen fields, appreciate his engaging, student centered approach to teaching and they believe you will too.