Message from school owner
Marty Callahan has spent his life understanding and improving the lives of students both young and old. His passion led to the founding of the Shotokan Karate Leadership School® in Santa Rosa, CA in 1981 with a dream to awaken the extraordinary leader in his students. Having inspired, taught, coached, supported and trained over 10,000 students during 30,000 classes in Santa Rosa, Marty has become Sonoma County’s preeminent martial arts leadership instructor. His students, hundreds of whom have gone on to become leaders in their chosen fields, appreciate his engaging, student centered approach to teaching and they believe you will too.
Imagine Your Child 4 or 5 Years from Now
You’ve enrolled your child in our school now what will he be like in 4 or 5 years when he earns his black belt?
- The steady diet of making life or death decisions has spurred him/her to act with courage, courtesy, integrity, humility and self-control in all situations.
- He’s well rounded in his studies and personality.
- He can think on his feet better than others.
- He’s quick to identify problems and holes in arguments.
- His training has given him an advantage in dealing with his peers.
- His decision to seek to perfect of his character has propelled him to success in school.
- He has a strong sense of himself and has a high level of confidence in what he says and does.
- He got this way from repeatedly forming and articulating his own opinions.
- He stands, talks and walks with a sense of purpose.
- When introducing himself to others he looks them in the eye, extends his hand, and speaks in a clear voice.
- He’s polite, confident and self-assured.
- Upon seeing him people get the sense that he is not someone to be trifled with.
- When you talk to him you know that his complete attention is on you and understanding what you have to say.
- When he says he’ll do something he does it. It doesn’t matter how much harder it is to do than he thought – he said he would do it, so he does it.
- Whining and complaining is not an option with him.
- He’ll quickly assess a situation and do what in his heart he knows has to be done, even if no one else is doing it.
- He knows he’s only as good as his word.
- He knows that setting and keeping high standards is what’s going to make him sleep easy at night.
- He’s a good man or woman and would make any parent proud to call him child.